I am recovering from
Spring Break Barfapalooza 2015 so I’m not going to post anything until next week, but until then, here is our new tech policy for your enjoyment:
Too much time is spent on technology. Also, there are too many fights, and the fights are getting really bad.
A new policy that limits the time spent on technology and prevents fights.
- There will be no more playing together.
- You may play one hour a day by yourself. Use your iPhone, iPod, iPad to track your time.
- You may pause the stopwatch to eat a meal, go to practice, bathroom, shower, etc.
- If you have gone to practice, it is OK for someone to jump in and play while you are gone. If you are eating a meal, bathroom, etc., it is not OK.
- When someone is already playing, you cannot demand that they stop playing so that you can play. Instead, ask them how long they have left.
- In Minecraft, you have to stay in your own world.
- Grace has permission to delete dumb worlds. If she isn’t sure whether or not it is dumb, she will leave it.
- If you don’t want Grace to delete your world, you should name it something other than FJEIRUSLAKDJGKFHGAKSKROEMTK. Try Greg1DND, Gavin1DND, etc. (DND = Do Not Delete)
- NO MORE SCREAMING. If you scream, the game is over and your hour for the day is up.
The time spent on laptops with headphones is getting out of control. You can’t sit in your bed for five or five hours on the Internet. You are going to stunt your brain’s development. One hour a day on your laptop is plenty. Use your iPhone or iPod to track your time. If you are sick, you might be able to spend more time on your laptop but you have to get this approved in advance by me.
BATHROOM & DINNER TABLE
No technology is allowed in the bathroom or at dinner. It is OK at breakfast and lunch.
Start reading more books and going outside more. Now that the weather is getting nicer, I expect you to walk the dog more often, go for a walk around the block, go to the park, get on your bike, go to town with your friends. No more sitting at home on the Xbox and the Internet.
Here is a way for you to track your non-tech time:
Every Sunday, you can give me your chart for me to sign and if I am happy with it, I will give you some $$$.
If you are not following the rules and you are spending more than an hour a day on the Xbox and your laptop (for two hours/day total), or if there are fights, or screaming, the Xbox controllers will be taken away again.